Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What a weekend!

Beautiful weather, good times!
We attended the local Peony Garden Tour, an excellent annual event. Peonies are my absolute favorite flower.  S got a new peony shirt for the occasion and managed to find a flower that matched her shirt:




 And my own favorite peony is having it's best year yet:
We picked our first few strawberries this week:


 And here's a garden check in:


 Friend or foe? I know ladybugs are good for the garden, but this doesn't look like the typical ladybug. Does anyone know? There were a few of them on the peas and beans...
 The Jacob's Cattle beans really shot up in the past week:



 In case you're wondering what the cucumbers look like under the Agribon, the answer is weedy:
 But something about the row cover (I think it's moisture retention) makes weeding really easy.
 I was able to clear the cukes in no time, while J snoozed on my back. Babywearing, garden-weeding selfie:
In other garden news, the cress is flowering, and the spinach has bolted, so I pulled them up and planted some carrots and lettuce in their spots (today, 6/24). I also planted the rest of the corn. I will also be going back to the first post to add in my planting dates for a better record.
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. your garden is so huge and lovely!
    our garden has quite a bit of weeds too- I'd have to be out there for hours every day if I were to actually keep up with things!

    ReplyDelete